Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday: Field Trip.

My cousin sent me a text message this morning inquiring about "something" inexpensive "to do." I went to visit with her and suggested going to the beach. Her boyfriend mentioned going to a museum and, that on certain days admission into the art museum is free.

So I researched. Yes, I googled "it." He was correct. At LACMA Los Angeles County residents can get in for free after 5 p.m. on some days; today being one. The disadvantage to "this" deal is that some exhibits close at 5 p.m. My children grew bored fairly quickly and I was disappointed that the children's art room closed at 5 p.m. too.

We made the best of our visit anyhow. The whole visit was free including the curbside parking across the street from the museum. Observing where tar is bubbling up through the lawn in some open areas was quite interesting. Being out in the breeze watching my cousin holding hands with her man was warming.

I could've done without my daughters whining about how hungry and bored they were though. Shaking my head (parents can no longer rely upon schools to open our children's eyes to new experiences). I'll just keep in mind, that I know my daughters will remember "something" from today's outing other than what they were complaining about...



Wonder what and where we'll explore next...?

No comments:

Post a Comment