Tuesday, April 10, 2012

We Just. Never Know.

I got a phone call this morning that brought sorrow to my heart. One of my childhood friends lost her eldest daughter today. I'm in shock, but I also accept the news with some understanding.

We hear people say "it" and I truly believe we're all are aware, that tomorrow is not promised to any of us. When we lose a loved one "this" reality settles in and we all react to it differently. I am touched deeply because I am a mother of two beautiful girls and I'm saddened at the thought of being in my friends shoes on a day like today.

GOD has the final say. Period. Even through life's most difficult times, knowing that GOD is always in control helps us to make it through some of our toughest seasons.

It is HE who created each one of us. It is HE that we can always find solace in. HE is the beginning and the end.

We are not to question HIS actions. We are not to wallow in grief, but to pray for strength and acceptance of a new reality. HE built families to stand together through EVERYTHING. HE gave us friends to help support us through life's journeys.

We cannot toy with why. We can only deal with what now is and encourage one another to hold onto the precious memories of what was. Time does heal pain and some losses take longer to live with than others.

PRAYER and FAITH is the best medicine against any anguish or ailment. We all belong to GOD. When HE says it's time... "It" is out of our hands.

GOD BLESS everyone grieving for beautiful Destony De'Janay today.

My dear friend Alisa,

I don't have the words nor can I say, that I understand. You know GOD. I know you do. Only HE knows how long you'll be sad, but I hope to encourage you to remember, that you are NOT alone. Please don't beat yourself up about ANYTHING. HE chose you to be her mother and he specially created her in his likeness to share time here on this earth with you.

Before you were born HE knew what you needed. As you learned about life and discovered motherhood, HIS plan was already in place. Know that GOD knew you when HE made you and everything you've experienced (even today) is all part of HIS plan and purpose for you.

Stand my friend. Easy for me to say to you I know, but that's all I can say as my heart is very heavy at this moment. We (your family and friends) are wrapping you in prayer and no matter your emotional state right now: YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!

I love you with the LOVE of GOD, as someone who knew you as a little girl when we used to talk about having kids, and as your peer who can only imagine what you're feeling. I'm standing and praying for you, your other children, and the family as a whole.

GOD BLESS in JESUS name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment