Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Work Oriented. Becoming More.

I got official notice today "that" I'm beginning my very first day of employment on Monday. "It" is pretty incredible how quickly this company moved things along to "buy" me out from the temporary agency I've working for since 2012. I've been on several assignments and "this" opportunity is by far the best!

Paying nearly $600 in health coverage has been stressing me financially to say the least. I've waited until the very last day of the month to pay the premium because all month long I contemplate on paying "it." The penalty for not having health coverage is much cheaper than my monthly premium times 12, but I have active children and we just can't be without "it." So, I bite the bullet as much as "it" has pained me. Thankfully, next month should be the last month I pay out of pocket because I'll be eligible for full benefits come June 2016.

I almost forfeited "this" opportunity because I've gotten so used to just being a temporary worker. I've been operating with a nonchalant attitude and it's only due to my intellect and the need to provide for my little family, that I've succeeded "this" far. After being interviewed by the individual whom I'll be reporting to, I felt so much more comfortable about switching hats. I explained, "that" I was nervous, but knew the opportunity wasn't one to pass on.

There's "something" to be said for people in the workplace who notice my capabilities. I began "this" job by completing minuscule tasks such as xerox copying, scanning and data-entry, but I performed the tasks like a scientist with a cheerful hearted smile. Sure, I know they saw my resume and were aware "that" I could do much more. Eventually, they did begin to ask me "to do" other "things." The interviewer told me during our first discussion that my work performance and interactions with others was receiving rave reviews. "This" really touched my heart.

So many times, I wanted to be appreciated for who I am and most people are energized when they know other's believe in them. I know "that" I can excel with "this" opportunity so I accepted "it" gladly. Further, I'm aware "that" I can use some professional coaching and mentorship. There's a whole lot of brainpower where I work and I respect "that." I want to be a reliable contributor and GOD willing I will.

Thank you LORD!!! For creating me, loving me, guiding me, and putting my life on a purpose-filled path. Without you I can do nothing. The best "thing" my mother did for me was show me how honor and praise you. I am standing strong in faith with every passing moment of each day. Thank you LORD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment