Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mind. Your Matter.

It was about "this" time last year when I almost gave up on moving because I wasn't approved to move into a 1-bedroom apartment that I had my hopes set on. Truth is, I really didn't want "that" apartment, but I could imagine my little family living there. I was somewhat in a desperate state and probably would've moved into any place larger than where we were living at the time.

I'm so glad GOD knows best and made a way for us otherwise. After driving by and seeing the "For Rent" sign in the window of what's now my bedroom for more than 2-months, I finally pulled over one day (today's date if I'm not mistaken) to jot the telephone number down. I just wanted to see it. I had to for some reason "that" day.

My children and I wanted the place immediately upon first sight of the living room. Mentally, I fell into a fantasy type state and decided, that I had nothing to lose applying for the rental. I said a little prayer and geared into immediate action.

I returned the application the following day after viewing the apartment along with a letter. Personally, I knew that my credit report would return shabby results. What I didn't know, was how compassionate my landlord would be. I thought, that a personal statement about my circumstances and future goals could be helpful.

The letter sealed the deal! I formatted my statement like a cover letter, which included honest details about my character, my experience, and a strong desire to be given the opportunity to prove myself. Needing to say: My landlord took a chance on me per my request. Was it really "that" simple? In my case: Yes.

All I had to do was ask. I've heard "it" more times than I can remember (spiritual advisement); "ask and it shall be given." FAITH!!! No. I don't have that scripture memorized. A Bible quote I'm sure of though...

I'm just reflecting on how GREAT GOD IS today and everyday!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment