Monday, November 28, 2011

Dream On. Dream Away.

This is my last week being 33-years old. I want to get excited about my birthday so this week I'll blog (randomly) about what I've imagined since I was a kid up until now.

...I couldn't wait to become "grown."

From my toddler days throughout my teenage years I loved animals. Dogs and cats in particular. I had a few goldfish that didn't live long. I remember having a bird that I was afraid of. When asked what I wanted to be when I grew up I'd tell people that I wanted to become a veterinarian.

I really believed in becoming a veterinarian until I was in about the 9th grade. Personal issues within my home were a distraction and I thought more about growing into an adult and not so much what "I'd be" when I became one. People used to tell me that I was mature for my age and I gravitated towards an older crowd when I was just a teen.

...I'm a "grown" woman now.


The music I listened to growing up influenced my fantasies about relationships. I'm rebuilding and creating new fantasies -now that I've had some relationship experience. It's still just as exciting to imagine the infinite possibilities of sharing life in love, but it's no child's play. I have children that are part of my "as is" package and my man has to understand exactly what "grown" is.


My beautiful daughters. Each display both sides of my personality to the extreme: Ms. Shy and Ms. Assertive. How very interesting, entertaining, and educating it is for me to observe, nurture, and guide them as they grow into adolescents and become young ladies. Through them I learn more about the woman I am and developing into everyday...

I'm happy being this woman. This woman has FAITH. This woman has STRENGTH. This woman is full of LOVE. This woman has COMPASSION. This woman is full of AMBITIONThis woman IS!

No comments:

Post a Comment