Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Yes. Respect.

I had an interesting encounter last night. Someone made it pretty clear that they were quite attracted to me. That's nice isn't it? He got my interest and we conversed for about 20 minutes...

What's the problem? Not one.

However, I'm proud of myself. For standing my ground. This man was very persuasive and on a different day, I might bite. Timing is what stood out loud to me during my interaction with him.

I'm just beginning to truly understand my place as a single woman. One who does imagine marriage. The fantasy that I'll live "happily ever after" with my destined life partner has just resurfaced within me. I almost lost hope. Raising two children alone has made me tougher than I was as a tomboy in my youth and I did become bitter.

It's easy to convince myself that I've been doing it -this long on my own, why take a chance with someone now? That's fear talking, right? It is.

So, as I grow into this superwoman-type of lady that I've been visualizing since I was a little girl, I've got to let some things go. Things being; hang-ups, issues from my past, and being too anxious.

That is... if I want the life and companionship that I'm destined for. Remember I mentioned timing?

We've ALL got to be more patient with time. We try to run it, but it really runs us.


It just seems to me, that most people are in a hurry most of the time (myself included). I'm trying to change this and be more relaxed with how life flows. I could've went to have an early breakfast or late night bite with him, but that seemed too convenient and too easy. For both of us.

LADIES: Please go to the following link to see just how "lucky" we are (laughing out loud)! No joke.
I've come to the conclusion that we (women) make it too easy to become infatuated with these men. Only they can decide on the right bride. I'm just completely over being the wrong broad. Boys you want some? Not sex. Real love. Then earn yours! Period. Not by "sugar-daddy" tactics, but by actions that real men with substance enjoy exercising.

I don't know who the quote belongs to, but "anything worth having and keeping is worth fighting for." That means us too, ladies. I think over time, we've gotten it all twisted. We've been wrongly fighting each other to keep a man for way too long now. Aren't you tired?

I need to know that my man wants ME. I won't have to ask him if he does. He'll show me, but I'll have to be patient in the meanwhile. I don't know how it'll happen or when. I just believe that it will.

The games have been fun. Playing house and all. It's really time that I look out for me. I am a caretaker. I'm a nurturer. I am a mother. I am a woman filling my own voids. I welcome interest, but I'm more curious about the man who'll keep my attention. Naturally...

These 30s are getting real fun! I'm realizing my options and understanding how FAITH works. My prayer is in the air. GODs air! I only need to prepare accordingly as the time ticks. So glad to be breathing in the meanwhile and of course, there are so many things that "I can" do as I wait...

Despair Dumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment