Monday, November 21, 2011

Irregular. Consumption.

I was really struggling for a topic to blog about today until I turned on the television to find the Zen channel (what I enjoy writing to) and saw that the Basketball Wives finale was about to come on. I almost got drawn into watching this episode to quickly catch up on what I've missed during the last season.

Why?

Probably because I'm in a funky kind of mood today. There's so much "to do" and I just don't have the motivation today. I had a long weekend taking all things into consideration and I feel mentally drained. I am functioning on auto pilot and everything kind of feels like a drag. Thank GOD "I can" snap out of this.

I've mentioned before that I don't consume much TV, but today would've been a great time to give the Basketball Wives some attention. Why not indulge in their mess as they portray such self-absorbing images of what marriage is? Especially on a day when I don't have the energy to deal with my own nonsense.

What I realize more and more each day is that I have to monitor my consumption levels in all areas. I so over did it today -nutrition wise. No fitness today and I exercised poor self discipline with portion control at lunch. Now, I feel like blah and I wish that today was an agenda free Saturday.

Just as I know that, now isn't the time for me to watch that show; now isn't the time for me to slack during this phase of personal development. Perhaps I'll catch Basketball Wives on a different day, but I'm not looking for it and it doesn't really matter if I ever see it.

What is the true benefit/gain of watching and listening to other peoples lives on public display?

Might I add: We only see what's edited/deemed by production for/as our viewing pleasures.

Yes. Yes. Sitting here with my thoughts and my Zen music typing these letters into appropriate words forming my own sentences grammatically styled into paragraphs that are naturally structured flowing like a story that is nothing more than a real life testimony about a moment in time that I experienced and feel the desire to share...    

Monitoring myself, my behavior, my attitude, what/when/how and how much I consume from my environment internally/externally, mentally/emotionally/physically wherever I go/am at all times because I'm a child of GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment