Thursday, November 10, 2011

Relax. Live Calm.

I'm in a very relaxed mood today. I awoke hearing my daughters arguing with one another and I yelled out to them, that I didn't want to hear that madness. Growing up, my mother had some creative ways with getting me out of the bed in the morning. Imagine being dowsed with cold water while your dreaming peacefully and waking up to a bass-filled holler as an introduction to the beginning of a new day...

To this day, I cannot rest or relax peacefully in my mothers home.

Thank GOD I'm grown! I have choices that I can now exercise freely. Daily screaming and yelling doesn't exist in my life anymore. Some days are challenging and feel less than satisfactory. On these days, I am not my best self, but I know that I'm not perfect so it's okay. Life is becoming much more enjoyable and easier to handle as I deal with the day at hand, hence "one day at a time and by the moment" is the best way for me to live.

I've told people that I goofed around in my 20s and that I'm just now beginning to "get it." Well, that's not completely true. I think I "got it" before I even hit 18, but I was yet a woman. Societies time clock used to bother me. It's fairly easy feeling like I'm not where I'm supposed to be. Knowing that I could've earned my bachelor's degree before I turned 25-years old is simply information that I can share with my children.

About 2 months before I graduated this year, I was stressed out. Mostly because I knew that the end was near and other's expectations of me. All our lives, we're told to finish school by earning our high school diplomas and to seek higher education (college) so that we are well prepared to establish a career that's fulfilling. This (they said) is what most people in our society view as success.

So what if the path above was not yours? It's okay.

We all have choices. Unhappy people have chosen to be unhappy whether they realize it or not. Once we realize all the things that are not in our control, the days get better. I am naturally hyper and sometimes it is quite difficult for me to calm myself, but I know how.

I know what triggers stressful feelings within me: Unhappy people. Of course, there are other things that attempt to disrupt my calm state, but being around unhappy people bothers me the most. I like to feel good and I want everyone near me to feel the same. I'm not in control of that though. All I can do is try and on most days, I'm willing...

If I were able to afford it, I'd get a professional massage once weekly (at least). My mind may be at ease, but my muscles are tight. It's okay because I've been working on being more consistent with physical fitness. Soreness, tightness and fatigue come with the territory. I'll just stretch it out. That works!

Calm is cool. No anxiety! Just relax. Choose to!

PRAY to learn how, if you're having trouble doing so...  

No comments:

Post a Comment