Monday, November 14, 2011

Take Inventory. It's time.

How much junk are you holding on to unnecessarily?

There's a lot that I have to assess before I can properly eliminate the "junk" from my life permanently. I've accumulated a lawn bag size of paperwork that I'll need to sift through. I'm sure that most of it is trash, but I want to make sure that it is before I throw away anything for good.

It's unfortunate that I'm needing to "do away" with people in my life that I've been holding onto for way too long. Those that are a part of my inner circle I've known for 10-years or more with the exception of one, whom I've known since 2002. Time to let one go... for the last time (same one).

It's been said and I'm sure that you've heard "you can't take everyone with you." It's a bit sad when you realize this. When the boundaries of respect have been crossed within a friendship time and time again, what do you do? Communication is helpful, but when is enough -enough? That depends on you. Well, in my case it depends on me. The truth is that I don't desire to hold onto the history that this friend and I share.

ENOUGH!

As I bask in my freedom to be, I welcome new adventures and experiences. Some, I'll have the privilege of sharing with my friends. Some, I'll have to go-it alone and/or with new people who may remain in my life for a period of time. I'm cool with that!

I've been exercising fairly regularly for the past few weeks and physically, I can see the "junk" vacating from my body. Makes me wonder why I even allowed the "junk" to get into my system and live within me for this long. Because I am seeing results and feeling lighter on my feet, there's really no turning back now.

I'm becoming more serious about my life than I've ever been in my adulthood. I'd like to call it a "mature-serious." Allow me to clarify. Being "mature-serious" means (to me) that I am accountable for my every action and fully aware of the "things" that I do. This influences me to be proactive in a positive and productive fashion. Taking the first step may be the most difficult move for us to make, but once we take that initial step it's easier moving forward.

Today, I say take that step to remove the weight that you've been holding onto, whether it's the excess fat in pounds, accumulated paperwork that's unorganized, and/or draining friendships that are stunting your growth. Fear not the outcome. Welcome the space for replacement or for it to be newly filled!


GOD is the only unchanging absolute presence that we ALL need to keep!

No comments:

Post a Comment