Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Network. It's Necessary!

"If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about other people" ~Virginia Woolf


We all know the cliché "it's not what you know, but who you know." Many of us have experienced what it means to "know the right person" or "knowing the right people." On some level at some point in our lives, we'll also (more than likely) agree that it feels great knowing the right people. It feels even better when the right person makes that connection with you (whatever it is).


This morning I was thinking about my network of friends. Yes, this would be my "inner circle." These are the people who know me well and who also accept me for who I am regardless of their personal opinions about my life. I trust them all, but with different things. They know exactly "what" they can come to me for and how reliable I am in certain areas.


My network of friends know their places in my life. We are all champions within our own rights and each of us respects the lanes that we each compete in. "Knowledge IS power" because when you know, you have the power to use what you're aware of when a decision has to be made.


Often an opportunity passes us by simply because we don't know or realize the opportunity at hand. We have to be honest with ourselves about EVERYTHING. Full acceptance of self including, my past, my present and my future, is helping me to shamelessly interact with others truthfully. 


It is what it is. I know what I know. I do what I do. I don't what I don't. I function best as I am! 
#1 Question: How may I help you? 


I'm so glad to have people in my life who I know well. I feel so supported when I reach out to them for various reasons. Our human nature is to feel needed in some way or another and when we acknowledge this, it's so humbling helping others. It is Thanksgiving month and we'll all be networking to help those in need.


Cherish the people within your network. Build. Extend Opportunities! Live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment