Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Time? Your Time.

Why do I feel like I'm late getting to my blog today? Laughing out loud!

I'll tell you why. It's because I've become comfortable getting it posted by the afternoon. The bottom line for me is that I do it -daily (M-F).

Today, my day got ahead of me. I knew that I had an appointment at 11a.m. and it was important to me to get some fitness in beforehand. If not before, it just wouldn't get done. I did it!

I made an unexpected stop at Target to pick up some household items and some new CDs. Afterwards, I sat in the car text-messaging with a friend for about 15 minutes. With just over 2 hours before my scheduled appointment, I still made the decision to make that climb (twice).

Well, I was late to my appointment. How late? For me to know and you to wonder... laughing out loud! The point is that I was late. Was the business handled? Yes. No one made a big deal about my tardiness either. I suppose it could've been a big deal if someone wanted to create an issue with me about it. Was I lucky? No.

"I am BLESSED and highly favored." :)

After my hike, I had the nerve to make another stop at CVS before going home to get ready for the appointment. I witnessed something. The line was a little long and there was only one cashier working. I was the 3rd person standing in line and even though I had somewhere that I needed to be shortly, I didn't feel anxious at all. What I was thinking was... "boy, are they short staffed? Bet I could get hired here (if I wanted) or folks must be on lunch," when I hear a man say to the woman who was  making a purchase, "you move slow, you're young, you should be moving faster than that."

I looked at the woman who I thought he was talking to and she was staring at him with the same disbelief. She said, "excuse me? You don't know what's going on with people, I have a brain injury. I'm lucky to be alive. I'm moving the best that I can..." Do you know this man still had the audacity to wave his hand at her in an attempt to hush her (shut her down) anyway? The nerve!

It was none of my business, but I could not stand quietly witnessing that. I blurted out "you tell him. GOD BLESS you ma'am." He never turned around to see who said it, but I know that he realized his error when I chimed in. I felt impelled to speak out in her favor. I can't explain why, but I had her back at that moment without thinking twice about any consequence. The man did say sorry to the woman as she walked out of the store.

When I think about time I smile. People stress over it. I have too, but it's in my nature (ask anyone who knows me) to flow with time. I keep up with it the best that I can. I'm just glad to have it and I do well not allowing people's expectations about time define my character and/or abilities.

Unless it's a flight, a make or break circumstance, someone who just wont bend that I need for some reason or someone who needs me, a situation or a call for action that demands my prompt attention, just know: I'll show up... in time! 


There's something that I live by: FAITH! I expect others to have it in me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment