Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Let's Make: Monkeybread!

My mother would be so livid if I ever dared...

People make such a big deal about secret family recipe's, don't they? Well, they ought to. I'm not so sure that more than one family shares the exact same dish prepared the same exact way. Even though we all share some common family traditions.

Our family makes monkeybread. I never thought of it as a big deal, but the reaction that people have when they find out where to get one homemade is pretty flattering. To know that my mother shared a "jeweled recipe," that I can make mouths water over, is also quite incredible.

I actually planned on having Thanksgiving dinner at my place for a few close friends to enjoy with us this year. It just feels like I've made the best decision to just do what we normally do, and that's getting together with our little family. I'm the designated monkeybread maker regardless where we celebrate Thanksgiving.

My Aunt Babysister made it very clear when she called to let me know that Aunt Tootsie needed my help. She said, "whatever you decided to do for Thanksgiving this year, we still need you to bring the monkeybread." So after thinking about how I'll manage doing that and having Thanksgiving dinner at home too, it just seemed selfish to attempt a "drop-off" for my family.

Honestly, I'm relieved. While my friends will be up all night getting the holiday feast together, my monkeybread will have already baked! Not teasing, just making a point to myself of course, right? Right... Rolling on the floor laughing out loud! ;)

I will actually just relax as I think about the meal that my family, collectively will share... the thought is so YUMMY2MYTUMMY!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all: BE THANKFUL for IT all!

Thanking GOD for EVERYTHING all the time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment