Monday, November 7, 2011

Focus Inward. Try You!

My mind is all over the place today actually. I have so many things that I can write about today, but I want narrow to my topic. A lot of what's circling within my thoughts has to do with my present unemployment status.

Allow me to "keep it real" and say that no, I don't want a job. Sorry to disappoint you if you're waiting to see that I'm looking for a career. The whole "be whatever you want" when you grow up is the song I'm singing, but I'm off key...

I will not beat myself up about the missed goal with staying at my previous occupation for at least 1-year. I knew during the interview that it would be a testy situation and boy was I tested. Three and three-fourths of a month isn't bad. Although, my attitude still isn't where I'd like it to be during stressful times.

I get mad fairly quickly and over the years I've tried different things to prevent this or to discover what triggers my anger. Now, I have grown. I'm not as quick to tell someone off. Even slower at letting a situation escalate into something that can lead to unpleasant consequences. I've learned to stay away from the unnecessary drama period!

But my last job, I arrived at work to meet drama. Almost on a daily basis. I could barely concentrate on my workload and I dreaded going to work not long after accepting the position. It was a great opportunity, but obviously not for me.

Being exposed to the behind the scene details with operating a thriving small business taught me something very valuable. Hard work pays off. Who reaps the real benefits when you're working for someone? I began to ponder on this thought after every payday.

Since I'm no longer working for anyone other than myself (raising my children & surviving), I can now explore some other options like starting my own business. What kind of business though? That's what I'm having trouble with. I have many skills and some talents that I keep hidden.

My sitting time has run short. It's make or break time FOR REAL. Either I'll just settle and get another job or I'll stop playing in my adulthood and bet on myself. GOD has me and I KNOW this. I've got the ball and it's my time to roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment