Friday, November 18, 2011

Music Is. My Passion.

Okay, I've gotten my thoughts aligned and I'm under no pressure...


On my drive to the valley today, I was listening to some original snippets that I have recorded on my cellphone. I was thinking about how music moves me. Literally. I just love it and I'm like LL Cool J "can't live without my radio."

R&B is my first love. Hip-Hop/Rap doesn't fall far behind. Jazz is my adult preference. Pop is fun and I stay as current as I can to keep up with what my children like listening to. Gospel Sundays always and if I'm really feeling a particular artist, at the beginning of my day during the week sometimes. I'm not very familiar with country, rock or heavy metal, but good music is good music so if I hear something "good" that falls into one of those genres, so be it. It's still all good!


One can tell a lot about the mood that I'm in by the sounds of the tunes I play. Every Friday and Saturday night I want to hear club jams. I imagine that I'm at a club tearing the floor up. Most of the time, that's enough partying for me, but sometimes I really do get out and "take the night." ;)

I dance. I sing. I write. When I feel like it. I'm actually pretty shy when the spotlight is on me, so I usually stay away from it. I've found some ways to express my musical talents though. I joined the choir at church. In fact, earlier this year I even sang a solo in front of the entire congregation.

As far as the dancing goes... I'm doing my best to get back on the fitness track so that I can actually bust the moves that I envision in my mind. Laughing out loud. There are abstract moments that I have when I just dance. No particular style, I simply feel the music and let my body go.

I've been writing. Just like the snippets on my cellphone, I have a manila folder with pieces of songs, poetry and miscellaneous notations. One of these golden days I will get it all organized and completed (hopefully). In the meanwhile I'll continue on my journey of listening to music from those who love creating, performing and sharing it. Thank you music: I LOVE YOU!!! :)

This blog is helping to develop my inner being.


I agree with the saying that "music is a universal language and it brings people together."

No comments:

Post a Comment